Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Developer signup.
Hi,

I'm looking to see who all is interested in working on Pathery with me.

My current future-of-pathery vision looks like this:

An Android app.
An updated tutorial that looks kinda like this: http://beta.pathery.net/challengelist
A series of 'official' challenges on that too.
Custom user-submited levels*
Real-time play, like lobbies with players that join, and compete in a series of maps with very limited time.
More achievements, and achievements related to that.
- Perhaps a re-working of some achievements, maybe a currency of some sort to be spent on specific unlocks?*
The android app can mirror a lot of pathery.com, if we just build a strong API, then most of the work can be Javascript (AJAX) for the website, and Java w/e for the app.

*doesn't have to be soon.

Let me know that you'd like to help, and what you'd like to help with below.

Is your vision of Pathery different? mmm, sure let me know below too.

Some fields that would be useful:

Community Management.
Graphic Artists.
Javascript / AJAX experience.
Java / Android experience
PHP experience.

Thank you!

Also if you feel you're already involved in any of those area's (i.e. Diska as he's running the forums) Please post below too! <3.
- Snap
i can do java stuff Big Grin
well did some android too, but atm don't intend to write a full app.
can do code review and refactoring and such stuff though, as well as provide a ready-to-use version of a way finding util, if needed.

for custom mazes probably won't be a shortage, since about anyone has suggestions there... Wink

i do know an experienced javascript dev who would probably contribute too, gonna make him sign up here.
if you´d change the backend from PHP to java i´d be willing to take care of it. ^^
SNAAAAAAP, do stuff! I broke it again...
Well, as Snap already stated, I'm currently helping out with the forums. I could help out with anything for which you would need a server. I saw some discussions about git repositories in the chat, I could host that if someone needs that, although I do think there are plenty public webservices available which will do a much better job than I will.
(04-23-2015, 06:41 PM)diska Wrote: I could help out with anything for which you would need a server.

i would need something like a SGI UV 2000... you don't coincidentally have some of those standing around somewhere?
I've got 2 but I'm renting them to the NSA
Hey Snap, I could helpSmile (I am Goa maker of Entropy/Random TD)
Though, I just started working on Entropy/Random TD for smart phones, so I dont have much time.
I could help lot in design and optimizing for/on app store. (as I have been digging that shit lot recently)

Btw thats how I ended up here, I was searching for new name for my app, as current sucks and iOS fucking me cause trade mark infringement on Pac-man Smile and its bit similar to Pathery:
For Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...m.Go4.Pacy
iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pac-puzz...?ls=1&mt=8 (better not to watch this crap version, as I couldnt update it since i released cause the infringement)

Also, I was trying to make an account and it didnt worked, I filled everything and it was green, but the "submit registration" button just didnt work (I used firefox). So I used the google+ option.
Hey, its Goa Big Grin
How 'bout making a web version of RandomTD too? ^^
That´d totally boost player numbers... (i´d even tolerate ads on that)
(04-28-2015, 04:10 AM)TheCurse Wrote: Hey, its Goa Big Grin
How 'bout making a web version of RandomTD too? ^^
That´d totally boost player numbers... (i´d even tolerate ads on that)

Well, currently my plan is to make single player 2d version of Random/Entropy TD for smart phones, then if it gets popular, I port it to Steam (I probably also upgrade it to 3D) and then make a multiplayer option or version.
Hi Goa!
Your help would be great! Thanks!

(04-28-2015, 03:29 AM)hookah604 Wrote: Also, I was trying to make an account and it didnt worked, I filled everything and it was green, but the "submit registration" button just didnt work (I used firefox). So I used the google+ option.
Hopefully diska can figure that out? <3.

Started playing the Paz Puzzle, pretty awesome.
- Snap
Btw, you could do a single player mode for pathery like in pac puzzle.