Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MapEditor
once client side pathing is implemented, it probably wouldn't cause much server load if the MapEditor was linked, so more people could use it...
how about we make a feature request list for that?
i´d add "make it possible to generate maps without overwriting stuff thats been manually placed before"...
also, a "share" button, since a lot of mapCodes are longer than the chat message size limit.
we could make a forum thread for new map designs/mechanics to introduce suggestions for the daily/weekly mazes...
SNAAAAAAP, do stuff! I broke it again...
I don't think client-side pathing is a requirement for this.

I totally agree.
Been considering doing a methodology like that employed by gameknot:
http://gameknot.com/chess-puzzles.pl

- And then additionally using a fan-created map for a daily once-a-week or something like that.
- Snap
(04-23-2013, 05:04 AM)Snap Wrote: - And then additionally using a fan-created map for a daily once-a-week or something like that.

That'd be cool. Time to start thinking about cool map ideas....

By the way, people should try the following amusing challenge (which I think Ryan invented):
Get the maximum score you can on the default (5 by 6) map size in the map editor (http://www.mazetd.4xg.net/mapeditor). Score to tie/beat is 309
Tough...

I was doing a little bit of art using the map editor. - Mostly for marketing pictures and whatnot. ^^ I'd love to see what others could do.
- Snap
did you include some new kind of limit in the mapeditor?
i was trying a new idea (had the map already built) but then noticed that after size 19x14 the preview/code didn't get updated anymore...
could reproduce that with an empty map too.
I didn't. I'm not sure what caused this and I can't re-create. Can you still?
- Snap
ye i can. but on yellow map editor only it seems, red works fine...
that mapcode e.g. doesn't load properly on yellow, only red:
30x25.c0.r0.w100.t1..:0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.26t.1f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.18u.9f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.0s.28f.
Good good, yeah there was a lot of fixes.. Haven't pushed yet.
- Snap